Pine Mission Statement
Pine Community School is committed to providing a caring, harmonious environment where the academic, physical, social, emotional and creative development of each individual student is attained to their maximum potential.
This is achieved through small, multi-age settings where parents, teachers and the community work together to nurture positive self-esteem and encourage all students to become responsible and motivated.
Aims of the School
- To provide an ungraded situation in which students may learn and progress at their own pace.
- Learning is centred around students’ interests, using the Curricula from the Queensland Education Department as a guideline.
- To encourage co-operation rather than competition and extend each child’s abilities in a warm, friendly, supportive environment.
- To endeavour to eliminate all forms of prejudice including economic, social, sex, race and creed.
- To develop a healthy self-image and positive social skills.
- To encourage creativity in many forms as an integral part of the learning programme as well as constructively using one’s own time.
- To maintain discipline through mutual trust and respect and through modelling and practice of good conflict resolution skills rather than coercion.
- To have a high adult/child ratio.
- To develop in students an awareness of and sensitivity to the environment and society.
- To actively encourage parents and other community members to become involved in the school life of the student.